Tuesday, February 14, 2012

{February Foodfest} Valentine's Edition


Happy Valentine's Day!

In honor of Valentine's Day, I cooked breakfast for my two Valentines.

This may not seem like a big deal, but in order to stay sane, this wife and mama does cold breakfast during the week.  Read: yogurt, granola, fruit, and toast though I do always have a loaf of banana, pumpkin, lemon, sour cream maple, or other type of breakfast-y bread in the fridge which can be heated up in the microwave if anyone is feeling the need for a "hot breakfast." Oh and instant oatmeal is an option too.  I am just not a morning person and need my cup of coffee before I can handle demands or conversation of any kind.  My boys wake up ravenous on most days, so a Continental Breakfast works for all.  I stumble around the kitchen pouring Seth's granola into his yogurt as Taylor makes coffee as fast as humanly possible.

This morning I got up at the usual 7 am and amazingly had time to put together a breakfast taco for Taylor and Nutella Puff Pastry Treats for all before the boys asked for a morsel of food, and all this before my cup of coffee.

It was a Valentine's Day Miracle.  


My cute Valentines! I love you to pieces!

Unsure about his Nutella treat

Finally made his way to the filling - jackpot!

I think he liked it...

Valentine's Day "John John"

He kept repeating, "John John" as he would look down or grab part of his outfit.
I am going to be sad once he turns two and is too old to wear them anymore!




But God demonstrates His own LOVE for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ DIED for us.
Romans 5:8

I can't think of a better example of love than that - my prayer is that whether or not you have an earthly Valentine this year, that you would know the love of the Father for YOU.  

Happy Valentine's Day!


Click here for my Valentine's Day Post from last year written by my friend, Pam,
If you missed it, read it for a good laugh!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anybody out there? Bueller...Bueller?