Thursday, May 13, 2010

Safely Home

Well, almost. I’m currently sitting in the Edinburgh airport, awaiting flight 109 to Newark. Meanwhile, thought I’d pass a bit of time by capping my virgin blogging voyage (begun this trip) with this bit.


This piece could easily read like an “Acknowledgements” page at the front of a research project. Perhaps it will. My trip has proven fundamentally flawless, this owing to the kindnesses of so many people. From the Macleods (including Murdo’s parents, who packed me up with enough homemade Highland shortbread to feed half of Houston) who have hosted me and treated me like family for an entire week, to Pete Edwards who has patiently shown me the ropes around Friends International (in part via waiting on me at every other street corner of Edinburgh’s city centre), to Mark Batluck and Christopher Bechtel, both doctoral students at New College (Edinburgh’s divinity college where I will be studying) -- both gifted tour guides -- to my wife, family, and friends back home who have prayed me into and through this inaugural odyssey.


To all of you I offer my deepest gratitude. Thank you for having already begun to take part in the vision that God is allowing us to enter and embrace, a vision of ministry to the nations in the name of, and for the sake of, the Christ, the Son of God, the King of Heaven and Earth. In his name I offer up these things as a prayer of praise and thanksgiving. Lord, get me, get us, safely home (Until that Day, though, there is work to do). Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anybody out there? Bueller...Bueller?