Saturday, December 12, 2020

Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate - adults only!







Need a fun drink for a festive night in or a crowd pleaser for your Christmas party?  If you Christmas party isn't cancelled it's likely being held outside, and this recipe will warm you right up!

Instant hot chocolate is NOT my jam, but when I saw this slow cooker hot cocoa recipe on Mix and Match Mama's Blog made from actual melted chocolate I knew I had to try it!  I made it my own by adding a festive floater.  Leave out the alcohol and it's great for kids too!



Method:

Toss in a 12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips and a 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk into your slow cooker on high until chocolate is melted (for about 30 minutes).  Stir every 10 minutes or so to make sure the edges don't burn.  Once it's melted, whisk in 1/2 t vanilla and 1/2 gal of milk - I've made it with almond milk and with whole milk - my kids preferred the almond milk! Leave it in the slow cooker for about 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.  Double the recipe if making for a large crowd. To make if for the 21 and up crowd, add a peppermint schnapps floater! 

Once it's ready, change setting to warm and then give yourself enough time to let it cool off completely, and then I just put my whole slow cooker bowl in the fridge once the chocolate is close to room temperature (read your slow cooker manual to make sure your bowl can handle this!).  Then the next day, I make sure the bowl doesn't have any condensation on it and then put it back in my slow cooker to reheat and serve again.

Tag me on IG if you try it! @fasterwaywithrobin

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anybody out there? Bueller...Bueller?