Monday, November 15, 2010

Our newest addition!

I have a really cute dishwasher.




Problem is, he is a PhD student, and has a job, so he doesn't have time to do the dishes every night anymore.  You see, Taylor's dad taught him that if you don't make dinner, you're on clean-up detail, and for that, I am eternally grateful.  The tradition will be passed down to Seth no doubt (you're welcome Liddy!).  He's just a little too short to start helping at this point.  And he's usually asleep before we eat dinner anyway.

Or, you know, spinning in his bed




Taylor actually likes doing the dishes, unlike me.  But this year, he just unfortunately doesn't have the time.  I am happy to lighten his load, but my hands (on the other hand - sorry, I couldn't resist!) are not happy with this arrangement.



Dear Santa,


Will you please put Frederic Fekkai hand cream in my stocking this year?  I am desperate.  I promise I have been a good girl.

Love and candycanes,
Robin




. . . not to mention I feel like I spend all of my time in the kitchen since we host friends and students in our flat like every night (OK, I exaggerate a little).  But still, that is a lot of dishes people!

So as to the title of this post, no we are not having another baby.

Yet.



But we are pleased to present the newest member of the Ince household:






affectionately known as "Mr. Bosch"


This was Taylor's 4th anniversary present to me back in September, and I couldn't be happier.  It took awhile for us to find exactly the right fit for the new position (hard act to follow!), but thanks to a little website called Gumtree (think Craig's List for Edinburgh), we found what we were looking for.  I highly doubt that the traditional year 4 anniversary gift is "major appliance," but who needs sentiment when you have a dishwasher that works every night (even if he isn't quite as handsome as his former position holder)?



So, it's been an adventurous 4 years to say the least!  Lots of dishwashing (for Taylor), cooking (for Robin), praying, teaching, listening, moving, parenting, traveling, not hiking, reading, and just plain loving being married for both of us.  I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for year 5!  Love you, Tay!

"He has made everything beautiful in its time . . ." Ecclesiastes 3:11a


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anybody out there? Bueller...Bueller?