Friday, January 7, 2022

Company Green Beans

 Y'all.  I was missing a key ingredient for my green beans and improvised and came up with an even better version - I love happy accidents!  These are so good we're calling them Company green beans because they are easy to make and a crowd pleaser. Having company over for dinner can be daunting, so keep it simple and stress free!





What you need:

Steam in the bag green beans

2 T minced garlic

"Onion Salt" from Trader Joe's

Lemon


What you do:

1. Steam your green beans in the bag in the microwave for half the time (my HEB brand says 3-4 minutes but I think they're too mushy, so I do it for 2 minutes).  

2.  Meanwhile heat some olive oil in a skillet and then put the steamed green beans in and season with the onion salt to taste (I probably used 2 ish teaspoons).

3.  When the green beans are almost done cooking, add in the garlic and cook one more minute.  

4. Squeeze a lemon over it and serve immediately!


They went great with grilled New York Strip and a baked sweet potato.  Eating clean can be easy and delish!





Let me know if you try it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anybody out there? Bueller...Bueller?