Thursday, October 25, 2012

{Embrace the Camera} Meeska Mooska

It was a typical Tuesday evening.  Taylor was washing the dishes, I was sweeping up the remnants of dinner, Ave was bouncing in the jumperoo, and Seth was contentedly playing with the fridge phonics - you know, "M!" says mmmm! "M!" says mmmm! Every letter makes a sound! "M!" says mmmm!  

I hadn't noticed the annoying yet educational chanting wasn't blaring in the background fighting over the staccato nursery rhymes of the jumperoo  until I heard Seth dramatically exclaim, "oh no!"  It was in that voice he uses for playing pretend, so I nudged Taylor to make sure he wasn't missing this, and quietly we watched Seth play out his pretend scenario.

"Goofy, I can't reach the Chocolate Buttons!"  Seth exclaimed pointing to the shiny purple packet of sweets on top of our refrigerator - stored where little hands couldn't help themselves whenever the desire for chocolate arose (I'm talking about Seth here not me...just to clarify).  He hadn't satisfactorily fulfilled the vegetable quota at dinner, and so no dessert was on the menu that night.

Oblivious to the nosy parents eavesdropping at the other end of the kitchen, his one-sided dialogue continued,  "How bout a Mouse-ca-tool?"

"Oh TOODLES!  I need some (pause, finger to chin)... bouncy shoes!"

At that point Mom and Dad stepped in - forget the bouncy shoes, Dad is plenty tall enough.  You're getting a Chocolate Button for being so stinking cute.

My Junior Mouseketeer and me




6 comments:

Boni Lady said...

Super cute {embrace}

Jenny said...

Very cute, I'm a new follower. Found you through embrace the camera. I have an Avery too.

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

I have that Phonics song memorized and I don't even have kids! :-) It is addicting! :-)

Abigail said...

We have that letter toy and I know those songs too! Love toddlers!!!

Unknown said...

Ha!!! That is so cute! I hide the chocolate also...mostly from them.

Eryn said...

Cutest thing EVER. I would probably have given him the whole bag of M&Ms just for being a clever little man! Hahah!

Post a Comment

Anybody out there? Bueller...Bueller?