Saturday, January 29, 2011

Under Construction

After noticing some of my friends' new and improved blogs, I wanted to know how to make mine cuter and more, well, me.


Here is a snippet of my initial email to Carolyn, my wonderfully talented and patient blog designer:

Nov 2010


OK so I just found out what I am asking my husband for for my b-day - a new blog design!!  I am so excited it's kind of pathetic.

Hi Carolyn, let me introduce myself.  I am Robin Ince - friends with Christi B and Elizabeth D and am in love with their new blog designs which incited me to envy, so I thought I would remedy that by talking to you.  Will you make my blog "snazzier"? It is sad and in need of a major face lift!

My husband (Taylor), 5 month old (Seth), and I recently moved to Edinburgh, Scotland - doing the culture shock thing like you except they apparently speak English here, and I still can't quite understand them!  I started my blog when Taylor and I lived in Charlotte, NC while he was in seminary to keep our family updated on what we were up to.  We've since moved to Scotland while Taylor pursues his PhD, so now the blog has become my weekly update for not only our moms, but also our friends.  It's mostly about the particulars of life (unless Taylor contributes - then it's way more intelligent sounding).  Can you help me?

Looking forward to hearing from you,
robin 

In all of the emails to follow, and there have been many, Carolyn has begun to create a new blog design that is unique and easier on the eyes than this Blogger template I am currently using.

Not surprisingly, I have been over-thinking the design ever since my turn has been up.  If you remember my first blog post (I cringe to even think about it), I talked about my neurosis tied to beginnings.  I love the do-over aspect of beginnings, but I also feel the pressure for new beginnings to be perfect.  This new beginning has been no different. Here is my chance!  I can re-vamp my blog exactly how I want it to be.


I started Inces in Edinburgh at Taylor's behest, knowing that we were moving to Edinburgh in the near future (how near was still up to Lord and for us to wait it out in faith!), and the fact that we're now here, far away from most of you, is still the main point of my writing, but I wanted it to make it mine.  I never liked the name Inces in Edinburgh, but it seemed to fit our purpose for this family blog.  And let's be serious, Taylor has written 3 posts out of 50, and we're not going to live in Edinburgh forever (most likely).  So I wanted to unveil this new look, with a new name, and a new feel.


Here are a few hints at what is to come once this renovated blog is finished:


1.  This is the main inspiration - thanks Jax!


Nest Sentiment Lumbar Pillow, 12 x 24"
   {Photo from Potterybarn.com}

                                
2.
{My Dad emailed me this - quick where did you get it?!}


3. 


"Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, at your altars, O Lord of hosts, my King and my God.  Blessed are those who dwell in your house, ever singing your praise!"  Psalm 84:3-4




4. My boys






So stay tuned...the reveal will happen soon!


XOXO,
robs

1 comments:

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

woooohooooo!!!! i cannot wait to see the new and improved inces in Edingburg. . . Or whatever the new name will be! :-) SOOOO fun! :-) Carolyn is the BEST! ;-)

Post a Comment

Anybody out there? Bueller...Bueller?